Tree133: Registered Tree Service Provider

In April 2022, Seattle City Council passed Council Bill 120207 requiring that all tree service companies must be REGISTERED with the Department of Construction & Inspections (SDCI).

As of November 2022, the code also requires the hiring entity (client) to post a PUBLIC NOTICE prior to any “major” pruning or tree removal. Major pruning is defined as cutting limbs (live or dead) greater than 2” diameter and/or removing more than 15% of a tree’s foliage. This public notice must be located at the front of the property, clearly visible from the street and posted at least three (3) days prior to the start of work. The new code stipulates penalties of $5,000 or more for violations of these requirements.

Tree133 is an SDCI Registered Tree Service Provider: LIC-TSP-18493. We are obligated to follow the new rules passed by the City Council and are committed to helping our Clients navigate the requirements.

City of Seattle SDCI posting - Registered Tree Service Provider
Tree133 - Sample SDCI Posting

Support from Tree133

We will assist you with the public notice requirement to make sure it contains the correct information and specific details for EACH tree to be pruned or removed. Additional service details are available in your formal proposal document from Tree133.

Basic Service

  • Tree133 will use our Seattle Services Portal Account to create your public notice

  • You will receive the PDF notice in an email and post at your property

Full Service Option

  • Tree133 will use our Seattle Services Portal Account to create your public notice

  • Tree133 will print and post your public notice


Tree133's mission is to preserve trees and empower people. We deliver this mission by providing sound advice and quality care for your trees. As Seattle's Tree Protection Codes and requirements evolve, we are committed to following these rules with integrity and transparency.

These new requirements are a significant change for all tree service providers and property owners throughout the City. Submit questions and concerns about the Code and related requirements directly to your City Council Person.